More and more adults are having their teeth straightened to reap the benefits of health gums and teeth. Current research shows straight teeth are easier to clean and have fewer problems due to dental diseases, like gum disease and dental decay.
The Invisalign® system is virtually invisible, and straightens your teeth to achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Using advanced 3-D computer-imaging technology, Invisalign® designs your complete treatment plan, from the initial position of your teeth to the final desired position. All this is based on your specific needs. Then a series of clear aligners, also called invisible braces, are custom-made for your teeth – to gradually move them.
Invisalign clear aligners are made of flexible plastic — specifically, a patented thermoplastic material called SmartTrack® created exclusively for Invisalign treatment.
Invisalign clear aligners are FDA-approved and contain no BPA, BPS, latex, or gluten. They are thin, clear, and fit snugly over your teeth, making them virtually invisible.
Invisalign® corrects the same dental problems as traditional metal braces; the only difference is that Invisalign® trays are almost invisible to the naked eye, and can be removed at will.
Here are some problems that are commonly corrected with Invisalign®:
- Overcrowding: This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Large gaps between teeth: This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
- Crossbite: This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite: This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ may occur.
- Underbite: This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than, or completely cover, the upper teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ can occur.
Invisalign treatment starts with a consultation at our Gilbert dental office with our Invisalign-trained and certified doctor. Dr. Alex Wardian will evaluate your smile and then map out a precise, customized digital treatment plan that showcases the step-by-step transformation of your smile. Our office uses the latest technology, an Itero scanner to create 3D images of your teeth in just minutes. You’ll be able to see first hand the entire treatment without even wearing the first aligner. By using a 3D scanner, we’re able to more accurately create your aligners, and more do it more comfortably. That means fewer impressions, and no more goop or gagging.
Once you approve your plan, your unique aligners will be created. You will wear each set of aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, changing to a new set of aligners every 1 to 2 weeks, as directed by your doctor. Each set of aligners will gently and gradually shift your teeth into place, according to your treatment plan, until you reach your beautiful new smile.
Ready to explore the benefits of Invisalign, and achieving the smile you deserve? Call our dental office today for a consult.