Hi! Norm here.
What do you do to keep your immune systems strong?
That is a vast and complicated subject, made more complicated by the fact that I am a dentist and probably should not be making medical suggestions for the world at large.
I decided to give you a list of what I do to keep my immune system strong – or at least what I am hoping is strong!
In no particular order:
- Sleep eight hours each night in a cool, quiet, and dark room.
- Squeeze in a 20-30 minute nap every day at lunch.
- Exercise, which boosts the immune system, at least 20 minutes daily.
- Diet: I eat lots of veggies, seed, and nuts—I love the cruciferous vegetables. (I just like saying that!) These are kale, broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower
- Reduce Stress—I want to decrease cortisol by doing meditation and yoga or deep breathing.
- I don’t smoke and I attempt to limit alcohol consumption.
- I love doing yard work and getting out in the sun. It is my vitamin D fix.
Speaking of Vitamins, I take:
- Vitamin C—up to 1 gm/day
- Vitamin D—800 IU
- Vitamin E—200 IU
- Echinacea as needed
- Elderberry as needed
- Probiotics as needed
I also love sitting and sweating, in my infrared sauna—125 degrees for one hour. This is my personal plan for immunity and keeping my immune systems strong. I would love to hear what you do!